Slider

a fun autumn makeup look!

Saturday 4 November 2017


Hello everybody and welcome to my first blogpost in a while!!

Today I'm sharing these fun photos with you because this is a tutorial I filmed a while ago but have only just got round to editing and uploading (was uploaded today at 11am)


I mean, I do enjoy a LOT how well the eyeshadow matches the wall of my uni room, I think that's pretty cool and completely unintentional haha. Also s/o to Lily who gave out some handy photo editing tips in a recent post about how to get that lovely warm tone to photos, hopefully I'll have a few more to try it out on soon, as you can probably tell these got very red but I'm kind of enjoying it anyway?? I'm still trying to get my head around the ins and outs of colour theory but I'm liking having a new thing to focus on. Gives me a nice distraction from the bore that is Great Expectations, that's for sure.





Anyway, as I said this look is up on my YouTube now, and I'm loving it so much for autumn, it's pretty bright and way out of my comfort zone but works so well with the sort of clothes I'm wearing at the moment and I'm having a lot of fun playing around with eyeshadow again, having finally got my makeup mojo back. You know when you get stuck in a boring rut of doing the same look over and over again? Yeah, that's me. And I didn't wear winged liner for so long I'm actually having to teach myself how to do it again! Those who said it's a skill like riding a bike that you never forget were wrong. I'm seriously out of practise.


Thought I'd add a little list of "recently I've been..." things in here as well, I feel like it's a concise way of catching you all up before my more in depth life lately post comes soon including all my goals for November. Just need a friend to take some nice candids of me for it and we'll be set so look out for that in the next few days!!

Listening to: Honestly all sorts, but I've really got into Catfish and the Bottlemen again recently, but it's also November now so I can start listening to Christmas music again...

Watching: Haha. Once Upon A Time is great for when I want something to actually watch, but I've also started watching TOWIE for when I just want mindless tittle-tattle in the background. But also loving watching full Michael McIntyre shows on YouTube.

Eating: A LOT of brownies. I made another batch yesterday and I just love them so much. It's the Byron restaurant recipe and they're just so so good. My flatmates appreciate them as well I think.

Reading: Uni reading at the moment is The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde which surprisingly I'm enjoying quite a lot, it's very interesting and only 70 pages which is nice. On the other hand I'm also having to read Great Expectations which is an absolute ball ache. Honestly, it's such a hard book to read and the plot is all over the place. But gotta persevere! On the side I'm reading The Shack which is a book my friend Ellie lent me which is pretty good.

Wearing: I've been LOVING boyfriend jeans recently, living in those things!! It's also been Reading Week this week so I've also been pretty much living in my pyjamas. Also snuggly knits from Boohoo and New Look.

Looking forward to: Christmas!! Decorating the flat!! Everyone but one of my flatmates were at home this week and I was seriously considering decorating the flat while they were gone for a nice surprise when they got back!! Also looking forward to dying my hair even darker - I went slightly more brunette last week and loved it so I want to go a shade or two darker now.

Pinning: Bullet journal inspiration. Man I love that thing. Also lots and lots of winter fashion - I hate winter as a season as it's so cold but love that I can finally properly wrap up in big knits and scarves again. I'm doing my reading on a rewards system so am taking a little trip to Primark with my friend Jess this afternoon to reward myself for reading the entirety of Jekyll and Hyde and twenty chapters of Great Expectations.

Cooking: Not much but I am planning on making a big lasagne this weekend! I love making big portions of things, it makes meal planning that bit easier when you've already got portions stockpiled in the freezer.

Writing: Letters to November (wink wink, check 'em out here, more coming soon on that) and other pretentious lil poems and things. I've really got back into journalling as well recently so I might share some of my journal pages soon.

Learning: A lot. About adulting, myself and English literature. More on that coming soon though.


What have you been up to recently?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan