Slider

Favourite Winter Lipsticks

Wednesday 15 November 2017




Wow. This is possibly one of the most generic blog posts ever during autumn/winter. But you know what, I'm a cliche blogger so I'm going to do it anyway!!

All of these lipsticks (apart from three), as you probably will have guessed, are indeed liquid lipsticks. I just don't seem to get on with normal stick lipsticks anymore. Liquid ones are so much easier to apply and much more long wearing and the best part is you just don't have to worry about smearing when you eat or drink!!



01 // Jeffree Star "Androgynous"

Everyone knows what a big fan I am of Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks, especially the colour Celebrity Skin which is my go to, ride or die holy grail nude, but since that's run out and as I said in my Five Good Things post, I can't bring myself to spend £16 on a new one so I'm waiting until Christmas, I'm beginning to rediscover other colours I haven't ever really tried. I always thought Androgynous was much more of a pink colour but turns out it's a lot more purple toned and I'm really getting on with it. While it doesn't go with my favourite warm toned eyeshadows, it makes me branch out a little more and wear more pink and grey toned shades and just be a little more adventurous overall.




02 // Jeffree Star "Unicorn Blood"

I don't know what it is about JS lipstick shades. I've found my perfect nude in Celebrity Skin and my perfect red in Unicorn Blood. I struggle hard with red lisptick - I have to get exactly the right shade or it just doesn't work on me. Rimmel Kate Moss 107 that every blogger adores because of Zoella?? No. Bourjois Rouge Edition 13?? No. Unicorn Blood? Hell. To. The. Yes. I don't know why, because it's much darker than other red lipsticks I've tried but for some reason it just works with my skin tone and hair colour and I love it. I tend to pull it out for nights out only at the moment but I might be brave enough to wear it for everyday at some point. I love wearing it with MAC Half Red lipliner underneath for extra wear.



03 // Coloured Raine "Bachelorette"

Another slightly darker one. I can't really describe the colour of Bachelorette, it's sort of like a browny brick red/pinky colour but it's not quite as dark as Unicorn Blood. Does that make sense? I love Coloured Raine lipsticks, the formula is so moussey and creamy, just the type of liquid lipstick formula I love. I hated the Colourpop ones just because they were almost too liquid for me, I get on much better with something a little thicker which is why the Coloured Raine ones are perfect for me.


04 // Colourpop Lippie Stix "Lumiere" "Daydream"

I know I've already expressed my distaste for the Colourpop liquid lipsticks but one of their products I can REALLY get on with is the Lippie Stix. I now am the proud owner of six of these, two of them being these gorgeous shades named Lumiere and Daydream. Lumiere is again another pink but this time more of a muted bright pink which goes so well with MAC Soar lipliner and a gold shimmer on the lid for a really simple everyday look. Daydream is a Matte X formula so while it has a tendency to be a little drying it also is the most amazing darker orangey red colour that works really well with my favourite Morphe 35O eyeshadows and MAC Coppering.


05 // MAC "Whirl"

What would this blog post be without a mention of one of my favourite darker coloured lipsticks?! MAC Whirl has been a staple in my lipstick wardrobe for a long while now, as it's the perfect darker brown toned nude for me, and it goes so well with my orange/warm toned eyeshadow looks and is honestly one of the lipsticks I reach for on an almost daily basis. the formula of MAC matte lipsticks is so nice, they apply so smoothly and stay put for such a long time with no smudges and no clinging to dry patches. A 10/10 in my opinion.


So that's a little round up of my staple lipsticks for winter - long wearing, non drying, dark pink/red/warm colours that I absolutely love!!

What are your favourite lipsticks for the colder months?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan