Slider

Five Good Things From The Week #2

Friday 17 November 2017



a nice painting I did a while ago.


I'm going to be completely honest with you, this week has been massively up and down. Had a pretty shitty weekend and spent the week trying to come back from a massive slump, so it's been very all over the place. However, some good and very positive things have happened so here they are.



01 // I had a really good time on Tuesday evening with my first Tinder date. It was really nice to be with someone in a completely relaxed and pressure-free environment after the weekend. He made me feel very chilled out and not awkward at all and I think we're going to see each other again so a good time was had by all.

02 // I attended some strength & conditioning sessions set up by my uni athletics club. Bloody hell were they hard but I really enjoyed them and will definitely be going back.

03 // I'm currently writing this snuggled up in bed with my best friend Vicky in Leicester. We've both had some rough days recently so a friend weekend was much needed for both of us. Sometimes it's nice to be with someone who knows you better than you know yourself and you can just say something that won't make any sense (my favourite is "Vicky, nothing feels quite real right now and it's weird" - those who struggle with derealisation will relate) and they'll just nod and put an arm round you because they know exactly what you mean. Familiarity is underrated.

04 // I had a laugh on Wednesday evening when my friends Ellie and Eloise came over and we made brownies except then we accidentally grilled them. It's all Sam's fault though since he doesn't know which setting was grill and which one was oven...

05 // I won't lie I'm struggling to think of a fifth good thing from this week but I did feel a massive sense of acheivement when I bothered to wash my sheets and change my bed on Tuesday. It's a small victory but it's something I've been putting off for weeks. But now I can snuggle in my fresh sheets and a blanket and re-watch old Zoella vlogs (in the days before the Advent calendar scandal though am I right #shade) knowing that I've done something good!! Self-care doesn't always have to involve a bath bomb and a face mask.


What are five good things from your week?

Em xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan