Slider

Life In October & November Goals

Tuesday 7 November 2017


I honestly cannot believe it's already November, the time has gone so quickly this year. It really feels like only yesterday I came out of my last A Level exam and frittered the entire summer away on Netflix. I can't believe I've already done a month and a half at university. Some days it feels like I've been here for six years but at the same time I can remember the day I moved in like it was a week ago. It still doesn't feel real, somehow. I feel like I'm going to move back home in a little while, instead of being here for another three years. 



 Time is feeling very funny at the moment, as you can probably tell! I'm stuck in a bit of a limbo at the moment - nothing feels quite real, I feel a little like a cartoon character and my life is just being drawn out for me day by day. I'm struggling to ground myself a lot and keep within reality. Derealisation is real at the moment.



However, I think I'm making it sound a lot worse than it is. October has been a fantastic month, it took me on an amazingly empowering anti-Brexit march which you can read about here, it took me on the wrong train home which you can read about here, and it also gave me two nights spent in bathrooms throwing my guts up! Which, unsurprisingly, I did not write about. It's not the most dignified of things, throwing up from having drunk too much. It's fair to say I've realised I am a huge lightweight since being at uni. Give me a bottle of wine for the night and I'm fine, but start throwing spirits into the mix and things take a sharp turn for the worst.

I've learned a lot about myself over October. I don't like being alone is the main thing. I need human contact, if I go for more than a day without physically being around other people I start to go slightly mad. I am a massive extrovert. I've also learned a lot about being an adult. For example, always check you have your bus pass with you when you get off the bus. Also, please remember to check the date of that chicken before you eat it, not after. Thanks. I also seem to be playing a game with myself entitled "how long can I survive the weather in Manchester without buying an umbrella??" I seem to be in huge denial that I need one but every time I come back to the flat soaking after the walk from uni the others do roll their eyes at me and remind me to get one next time I'm in Primark. It never happens though.



Even though it was November I had a pretty fantastic night the other night at the bonfire and fireworks in a park down near where I live. They had a fair and all sorts too and I went with a few of my friends and had a really lovely time. Making those mems as Jess kept saying the entire night.

Okay. Onto November goals.

Uni

Please start reading the books. I know you hate English Lit but come on. Great Expectations isn't actually that bad.

YouTube & Blogging

Yeah, let's try and get back on track with that. It's on the habit tracker which you do now have a habit tracker for as well, so let's buck our ideas up a little bit and start posting a bit more, hey?! In all seriousness though, having hit 200 subscribers in October I want to try and reach 250 in November which means getting so much more disciplined with it. Blogging isn't something I tend to analyse that much but I just enjoy it and I should do it more really.

Letters to November 

This is a little video project I embarked on last year, but failed pretty hard, only really making it 12 days consecutively. This year though I want to try and not only beat that record but make it to the whole month. I really enjoyed doing it last year, it's so much fun and really pushed me creatively. You can check out my first few here .

Health

The gains are real but they could be real-er. Do actually start going to athletics on a more regular basis, it's only a couple of hours every Monday night. Again, you need to get so much more disciplined with going to the gym but also with eating more. You see, a combination of increasing exercise levels but (unconsciously) reducing food intake levels equals a loss of five pounds in five weeks. It's not good so I need to get much more disciplined with eating enough and eating well. Starting to count my calories again will probably help that. 

Instagram

Ooh, this is a new thing I haven't talked about yet!! I set up a new Instagram purely dedicated to my bullet journal and other lil arty things I get up to!! It's called emiliarachdoodles so it would be sick if you could go follow it and give me a lil bit of support. I do now have four Instagram accounts and part of me feels like that's slightly OTT but come on, I'm a blogger. My goal is to post at least something on it every day. I also changed my purely makeup Instagram to a more blog orientated Instagram called emiliarachblogs so go follow that as well. This is a LOT to be getting on with and we all know my track record with motivation and consistency so GOOD LUCK to me.


I think that's probably enough for me to be getting on with this month!! Another goal is definitely to not throw up again 😂. Also, another massively exciting thing that's happening this month is....*drum roll* I'm getting my braces off!!! Finally the end is in sight!!! The countdown has officially begun and I only have 23 days left with them on. I'm extremely excited.


What are your goals for November?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan