Slider

Life In November & December Goals

Friday 1 December 2017


HAPPY BLOGMAS AND VLOGMAS AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF. ONLY 25 DAYS LEFT.
!!!!!!!!!! (This is my first blogmas post since I did it in 2013. What a time.)




Whew. November was a busy one. Brought with it a lot of angst and a lot of ruts and a lot of tears but  I've ultimately finished November a lot happier than I was when it began. I'm feeling better about myself and my life and my course and the people I have in my life and just about everything in general.

November also saw me complete one of my goals which was to run 5k!! I finally did it last weekend as you saw in my Five Good Things post from last week, finishing with a time of 31:31. Me and my friend James are hoping to get sub-30 at tomorrow's Parkrun so hopefully that will be December's goal of running 5k again satisfied. I spent a weekend at home, spent a weekend in Leicester and generally spent the month giving myself a little bit of self care and attention and trying to get my life back on track.


As I have also NEVER mentioned, I got my braces off in November which has added so much to my confidence and personal positivity levels as well!! No longer am I tinsel teeth or brace face. Spending time at home and strangely not missing it too much is another positive that November's brought me, as well as spending a weekend with my best friend and meeting new people and doing something completely different. However, along with the good comes the bad and the ugly and that came in the form of a couple of breakdowns and a lot of crying down the phone to my friends, plus a few existential crises that have now been solved with the help of my personal tutor Joe and the help and support of said friends. 

Onto bigger and better things this December, I think. Time to ditch unwanted things - clothes, makeup, people, you get the idea - and only keep around the things worth having.


So December's goals are...

Blogmas! (And Semi-Vlogmas??)

Yes, it is going to be attempted!! Considering the fail that was Letters to November this year (although the ones I did produce I was very pleased with) I'm not sure quite how well this is going to work out. I also said I'd attempt Vlogmas, but as we all know, my life is not exactly that exciting and I'm not that confident vlogging in public so who knows how well this is going to turn out. I'm going to try my best though - it's on the habit tracker!!

It's Okay To Fail

Alright, so by "fail" I mean not doing as well as I could do. I'd be in a spot of bother this year if I actually failed, but by this I mean don't beat yourself up too much. It's only first year. These class tests in two weeks time? It's okay to not do as well as you maybe want to. Do work for them and all, but it's okay if your grade isn't quite what you wanted it to be.

Get organised!!

Me and my sisters have promised ourselves that the tradition of rushing out to buy our parents' presents on Christmas Eve ends this year. It happened one year about six years ago and ever since it's happened. We all have a tendency to take our parents for granted sometimes and I've definitely felt pretty bad the last couple of years when we've had to do this. This year though? We've already organised what we're getting them and I think my older sis has ordered them so we're already pretty much on track with this one!!

Run 5K (again!!)

As you saw in my Five Good Things from last week (there isn't one this week as I'm doing my November/December post again but they'll be back next week - I really love doing it) I finally broke my November goal of running 5k. It's a huge milestone for me to reach and I'm bloody proud of myself for doing it. So gotta do it again and get sub-30.

I think that's quite enough for me to be getting on with this month.

What are your December goals?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan