Slider

2018 Bullet Journal Update!!

Monday 1 January 2018


Happy New Year boys and girls!! Hopefully you've had the best NYE ever and are as ready as me to kick ass in 2018!!!! (hahahahaha who am I kidding I'll kick ass for like a day and then give up, let's be real here) but anyway...

It's here!! Finally!! I've been waiting for most of December to do my bullet journal for 2018 as I've not really ever started it properly from the beginning so I was sooo excited to do it! So without further ado let's go for it as this is a long ass post!!


My title page I kept super simple, I went for this light blue/purpley colour which is the Tombow dual brush pen in 553 which I also used for my accent colour in January which we'll get into later. I wrote out this little "let's make it a good one" as well, and I really love the minimalistic look of this.


My next spread is my 2018 At A Glance, which is just every month written out on a page so I can quickly flip back to this any time I need it. For 2018 in general I chose yellow as my accent colour given that it's my favourite colour. On the opposite page I did my goals and bucket list for 2018 but I kind of messed up the calligraphy which you can kind of see a little bit, plus I want to do more of an in depth post/video about my 2018 goals so I'll save them for that.



My next couple of pages is my Future Log, which is pretty much a list of every month with key dates I know about in there, so when I go to do my monthly spread I can check back to this and see what I've got going on that month. So far I've got birthdays, deadlines and semester breaks in there so all the important stuff, obviously!! Also just a sidenote for any fellow bujo-ers, the Pilot G2 gel pen is amazing and I love it but omg let it dry before touching it because it smudges like crayyy.


I also chose to put in a YouTube and Instagram growth milestones tracker. My aim is to hit 1000 on both this year so I can colour in the square when I get to that number. The lil yellow squiggle underneath is for the date I hit that number!! It's going to mean so much more commitment to both but I'm hoping I can do it!! 


I also decided to do a 2018 Year in Pixels!!! I'd seen this about the middle of last year but obviously by then it was a little late to start it so I'm going to really try and keep this up this year!! It's such a cool idea and it looks so pretty when it's all coloured in.


I also popped this little quote at the bottom to fill empty space which just says "a day is just a day" for any of the days that aren't so positive.


I didn't have anything for this page so I decided to do a quotes page with this one in some different fonts and things which was fun. It's not really central but I don't really mind about that, it's not something that bothers me particularly!!


I found this idea on Pinterest for my January cover page, I absolutely adore it. Again very cute and minimalistic which I kind of like a lot, you'll notice this is sort of my January theme a little bit this year. Also bonus points if you can see where I messed up the title so had to stick a piece of paper over the original and redo it ;) always keep some spare paper at the back so you can do this!! I have to do it constantly haha.


Again continuing with the sort of more minimalistic look for my calendar spread, it's a lot less busy than December's was but I think that works sometimes, you've got to mix these things up a little every now and then. I love my big bright colourful messy spreads but I also love the look of a stripped down one colour spread sometimes too. You'll also notice I LOVE the font where you do tall thin capitals and then small thin cursive over the top, I've been a real fan of it this month.


My habit tracker is pretty much the same as always. I chose to ditch the mood tracker this year as I never really filled it in and I've got my Year in Pixels now which makes it much easier. Beauty of bullet journalling is that you can just swap out pages and features any time you like which I love. But my habit tracker will always be a staple!! I found this cool quote too which just says "excellence is not an act, it is a habit" which I really love.


As always, my blog post and video ideas page, I need this one otherwise I just have nothing to write about!!


And this is my first weekly spread of January!! I chose a vertical layout rather than horizontal, I thought I'd give this a go as you get much more space and can see everything separately too, as well as a section for meals which is very good for me as I constantly need meal planning otherwise I just forget to eat 😂 I know, I know, it's terrible!!


And then we've got this!!! I've started doing a reading list in each month so I can see what I need to read for uni and any other books I want to tackle. HOWEVER for Christmas I received a 100 Books Scratch off Bucket List from my parents which (whaddya know) has 100 books on it to read!! The idea is to complete half of it this year as I really want to get back into reading and start loving it as much as I used to so this should be really good for me. It's not even stuffed full of classics which I love as well because we all know how well I get on with classics 😂


Whew that was a hefty post!! I hope you enjoyed this overview of my 2018 and January setups! As always, here is a list of products I've used...

- Moleskine A5 gridded notebook
- Pentel Fude Touch Sign Pen (actually prefer over Tombow Fudenosukes, it's much more flexible so much easier if you're a beginner with calligraphy!)
- Faber Castell PITT artist pens
- Pilot G2 gel pens
- Tombow dual brush pen in 553
- Yellow Crayola supertip


Do you bullet journal? If so, let me know what yours is looking like this year!

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan