Slider

Just Another Student Pasta Dish...

Sunday 11 March 2018


Oooh look at me being all fancy and posting a recipe!! Good one Em.



So today I am sharing with you a staple of every student's life...a pasta dish. Come on, we'd be lying if we said we didn't eat pasta at least four times a week. Yes it may be carby but it's filling, delicious and there are so many things you can do/put with pasta. Seriously, sometimes I just eat pasta with cheese if I need some hardcore comfort food. Plus, it's cheap which is what we alllll want in life.

So this is the recipe for the pasta dish I was talking about in this post which I literally made a ton of, depending on how much you eat in one sitting I reckon I got about four or five portions out of this recipe and considering it cost me about £4 to make I'd say that's pretty good going. Plus you get a veg fix and a meat fix and it's very yummy so what's not to love? Carry on reading if you wanna find out how to make this my loves...

Ingredients

The prices in this list are all based off Lidl prices as that's where I shop, but mysupermarket.co.uk makes it really easy to compare prices and put together a shopping list so you can easily find out how much this would be at your local supermarket. Not sponsored, just a really really useful website!


🥘 300g pasta 89p for 1 kilo or 45p for 500g

🥘 1 head of broccoli cut into florets 63p

🥘 1 onion 55p for 1 kilo

🥘 1 200g pack of bacon lardons 99p

🥘 Garlic 75p for 3 ( although I use granules as they last longer and they're much less faff - I'll tell you how to substitute later)

🥘 300g pot of double cream 99p


Trying to make it look more appetising with a fancy photo but let's be honest, it doesn't really...


Method

1. Begin by cooking the pasta and broccoli according to their instructions. I tend to do pasta for 20 minutes and broccoli for about fifteen but it depends on how you like it - I like pasta al dente and my broccoli slightly mushier than normal so do whatever you like best.

2. Cut up the onion into really tiny pieces and toss it in a large pan with the bacon and garlic to fry. If you're using cloves of garlic use 2, and if you're using granules substitute half a teaspoon of granules for each clove so for this you'd use a teaspoon of granules instead of two cloves.

3. Once they're done cooking (the onion will be slightly soft and the bacon slightly crispy), pour in the double cream and bring to the boil. In the meantime drain the pasta and broccoli.

4. Add the pasta and the broccoli to the sauce and if you like, stir in some grated cheese for extra comfort and happiness.


...and that is literally it. The hardest part of cooking this is probably the cutting up of onions if your eyes are as sensitive as mine appear to be!! I mean it when I say an idiot could cook this, because as my flatmates tell me probably on a daily basis, I can cook this and I am the biggest idiot in the world.

Hope you enjoyed this extremely simple, extremely cheap but extremely delicious recipe! Let me know how you get on and if you change anything - it would be so easy to add peas or sweetcorn, cooked chicken or even some spinach or kale if you wanted to get even more healthy goodness and protein in there too.


What sort of things do you/did you cook at university?

Em xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan