Slider

Life In February & March Goals (?)

Thursday 1 March 2018



Ooh look it's a Southerner encountering not even a centimetre of snow! Yes, in other words I'm losing my shit. Snow just doesn't exist in the south!

So February. February. Wow, what do I even say?! February wasn't the greatest four weeks in the world, emotions running wild, working my tiny arse off and dashing to and fro around the country makes a tired gal at the end of it.


I think I got stuck in yet another rut in February. When I'm involved in something I throw everything I've got into it until it drains me and I'm exhausted and I think that's sort of what happened. I put all my energy into one thing, one sticky situation I was caught up in and because of that everything else went out of my mind - YouTube, blogging, uni, gym...it was a bad month for all of those things. But I'm definitely coming out of February in a much more positive frame of mind. I feel like I talk about ruts a lot on this ol blog but to be honest, I get stuck in different kinds of ruts so much it's difficult to not find me in one! But following a 3am breakdown last night and the biggest cry on my best friend's shoulder while he watched Friends with me I'm feeling strangely good today.


So February exhausted me and because of that none of my goals got ticked off. I didn't manage to squat 50kg, I didn't even run another 5k, let alone a sub-30 (me and James are really going to have to start doing Parkrun again) and I made one vlog. Things could've been worse though and that's what I'm making sure to tell myself.


I'm going to be straight up when it comes to this weather - I have the biggest love hate relationship with snow. As a Raynaud's sufferer, the cold is my absolute worst nightmare and going skiing for me means three layers of thermals plus extra handwarmers for the entire day. But for me, there is also nothing quite as beautiful as snow. I think it's because the world can just look so so different when it's covered in snow and you almost look at your surroundings as if you've never been there before, and when you're stuck in a city that's as mundane as student Manchester can be, the change is much needed. Remember that Oxford Road bubble I spoke about in this post? It's like that, but with a bit of extra magic added. I think I justified losing my shit over snow pretty poetically just then, can't say I'm studying English and creative writing for nothing!


So here's the thing. I'm not going to set any extra goals for March. My failure from February is enough for me to be working on at the moment, and in some respects I don't even think it's a failure. It's just a month that didn't go so well, and March is just a chance to start again and start afresh and get myself back on track once more. I'm becoming pretty good at this now! February is a bit of a redundant and shitty month anyway, let's be completely honest here, so I guess it's okay that I struggled a bit 😂


Oh yeah, I also dyed my hair red once again! But I'll talk about that in another post sometime soon.

What are your March goals and how was February for you?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan