Slider

The Ordinary Skincare | A Wee Review

Thursday 17 May 2018


Hello guys and gals!! So following my last slightly heavier blog post I thought I'd lighten things up a little and get back to the reason why I started blogging in the first place and go for a fun post about The Ordinary skincare and makeup.



The Ordinary is a brand I'd never heard of before but came across when I was scrolling through Beauty Bay and decided to give it a go, given that their serum foundation was only £5.75 and placed an order there and then. I only picked up three products because broke buttt the ones I did pick up I do absolutely love!! 





This is something I never thought I'd incorporate into my skincare routine - it's one of those products that just feels a bit fussy and weird and unnecessary, but I'd heard it reduces the appearance of lines (and yes I'm only eighteen but I am actually getting wrinkles under my eyes and frown lines hahahaha) as well as normalising skin tone which we all know is something I struggle with!! I've only been using this for about a week so I can't see any vast improvements yet but I have also been diluting it down with my moisturiser because it can be quite harsh on sensitive skin. However, it smells lovely and my frown lines have decreased a little bit but maybe that's because I'm frowning less?? We'll never know, but this product was £5.50 and I do really like it.


All I'm going to say about this is that I love it. Literally. I'm not really a primer gal and I don't tend to use them but I tested this in a recent makeup tutorial and I do really love it - I definitely noticed a difference in the way my foundation applied to a smoother canvas than my normal uneven texture. It also doesn't feel so greasy like other primers I've tried which is really nice, plus it has a really nice smell! 


I got the lightest shade in this, 1.0N, with neutral undertones because I won't lie I really don't understand skin undertones so I went with neutral and it works quite well! I think it's still slightly too orange for me because I did notice I had to work quite hard at blending it into my paler areas and into my neck too, but aside from that consistency of it is really really nice - I found it definitely applied better with a damp sponge than a brush, as a damp sponge doesn't absorb so much of the product and thinner foundations do tend to get absorbed more. I like the coverage - it definitely does a good job of evening out my skin tone which is the reason I wear foundation anyway, but it's not at all a full coverage foundation! But, for £5.75 I was really impressed with it and look forward to using it more. Oh, and to make it better there is a pretty extensive shade range, especially for the paler end of the spectrum.


Hope you enjoyed this little post about these products, The Ordinary do a TON of different skincare products as well as a more high coverage foundation so there'll definitely be something for you and your skin type and tone and you can find them at their website, or over at Beauty Bay!

Have you ever tried The Ordinary? If so, what are your thoughts?

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan