Slider

The End Of Another Era

Tuesday 4 July 2017



You might remember that about two years ago I wrote a blog post called The End Of An Era, which I wrote at the end of Year 11 and after I'd done my GCSEs. Well lads, the time has come to do it again , as I've now finished Year 13, which means I'm simply just done with education, which is an extremely weird thing. You can read my post exam thoughts here if you're interested!

Anyway, the end of Year 13 obviously brings the Leaver's Ball, or prom as it's more commonly called, and I thought I'd write a lil post just talking about the night and so on. I was only at my last school for two years, but at the end of the day it's still pretty heartbreaking to be leaving behind some of the closest friends I've ever made. It's also pretty gutting that I never managed to have a conversation with approximately 75% of my year too though...

Anyway jokes aside, onto the more trivial things...


So my dress was from JS Boutique, I actually bought it ages and ages ago for a different black-tie 18th which I ended up wearing something much less formal to, but I kept this for prom so I didn't have to bother with searching for one. I did find a different dress, a coord set from Boohoo which I was going to wear but decided not to because body issues ygm. Thought I'd go for something a little more comfortable for me and within my comfort zone!




Thought I'd chuck in a few lovely photos of my lovely lovely friends because they are the BEST ever.




I did my hair and makeup myself, my hair I literally chucked into a messy bun and put lots of product in my hair to stop it frizzing and that was basically it. My makeup took a lil longer but I loved how it turned out! I went with a pinky/brown smoky half cut crease with some champagne glitter because honestly, if you can't cover your eyes in glitter for prom when can you?! I'll put makeup details over on my makeup Instagram soon, and I'll try and film a makeup tutorial on this look soon because I loved it so much.

At the end of the day, prom was a fun night with a lotta laughs even though me and my mate Jensen were the only ones who couldn't go out afterwards since we're not 18, so we went back to mine afterwards with plans to watch High School Musical but we were both exhausted so decided not to in the end and just went to sleep. Wouldn't have been able to hack the sesh even if I'd been able to *cry laugh emoji over and over*. Two of my close friends Joel and Abbie won Prom King and Queen as well which was absolutely perfect as they are both such wonderful people.

The worst part of prom was the fact I had to get up and go to a five hour shift at work (yes ya gal got a job in a lil eco farm cafe near where I live) the next day - on my feet, all day, my still aching feet from wearing a pair of stupidly high heels all night.

Fab night with fab people and here's to a fab summer.

Emilia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan